The state of Florida is a haven for golfers and golf fans alike! Each year in Ponte Verda Beach, located approximately 40 minutes north of St. Augustine, The PLAYERS Championship attracts hundreds of golf lovers for the ultimate VIP experience. Here’s what you need to know about the upcoming PLAYERS Championship and how to get the most out of your experience. Interested in more things to do during your stay? Don’t forget to request your free copy of our St. Augustine Vacation Guide!
More About The Players Club
Also known as TPC, The PLAYERS Club has been reimagined an ultra VIP experience for those who are passionate about golf in a setting unlike any other in the world of sports and entertainment.
Since 1974, the club has hosted a golf tournament known as The PLAYERS Championship. Usually, the top 50 golfers in the world participate in this tournament to compete for the highest prize fund of any tournament in golf. In 2016, the reward was $10.5 million! It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience for the players and onlookers!
The PLAYERS Championship 2019
On March 12th-17th, 2019, the prestigious PLAYERS Club will be hosting its highly-anticipated championship in North Florida. Tickets to attend the event can be purchased by the general public. There are also several passes available, each offering its own unique experience. Here is a quick overview of each pass and what you can expect when you purchase them.
- Daily Stadium Pass ($25-$70): These passes are ideal for those who want to attend a single day of the tournament and are also the most budget-friendly option. This pass does not include access to the corporate hospitality or upgraded areas.
- Weekly Stadium Pass ($240): Pick and choose which days you’d like to attend the tournament with the weekly stadium pass!
- Captain’s Club ($175-$200): Only available to Citi cardholders, this pass provides the ultimate experience for golf lovers! You’ll enjoy premium club space a premium club space with views of the 16th and 18th holes. Beer, wine, and soda are all inclusive and food will be available for purchase.
- Greenside Lounge ($350): Located near the #9 and #18 green, this climate-controlled lounge contains open seating, multiple TV’s, and a shaded exterior courtyard for an unforgettable viewing of the tournament.
- The Turn ($600): This experience is presented by Gray Goose and provides everything you’ll need to enjoy the tournament at its fullest. You’ll enjoy views of the #18 and #9 Fairway, a full bar with a wide variety of tasty drinks, food and beverage for purchase, and HD TV screens so you don’t miss a moment of the action!
Learn more about The PLAYERS Championship tickets and be sure to get yours soon!
Treat Yourself to a Golfing Getaway in St. Augustine
Located less than an hour from The PLAYERS Club, the Victorian House in St. Augustine is the perfect place to stay for the golfing getaway of a lifetime. Not only will you be near one of the world’s most popular golfing tournaments, but also several of our area’s best public golf courses. After taking a swing on the courses or attending the tournament, you’ll be invited to come back and relax in our elegant and historic inn. Each of our 12 guestrooms exudes its own unique charm and boasts a variety of amenities to ensure you enjoy a comfortable and memorable stay.
For golfing getaways, the Magnolia Room may be just what you need. Featured on the back cover of Bed and Breakfast USA, this lovely guestroom has a queen-sized canopy bed, beautiful pine wood floors, two Rosewood velvet chairs for unwinding or catching up on your favorite book, and a private bathroom with a full tub and shower. After a full night’s rest, join us in the dining room for a bountiful homemade breakfast to fuel for a full day of St. Augustine adventures.
Book your next escape to St. Augustine with us today! We look forward to welcoming you soon.