The state of Florida is known for its pristine white beaches, fantastic year-round weather, and thriving population of the American Alligator. If you’d like to get up close to these fascinating creatures in a safe and controlled setting, then you’ll definitely want to add the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park to your itinerary.
In addition to fascinating alligator/crocodile exhibits, you and your loved ones will encounter a wide variety of other awe-inspiring animals from all over the world. Here are some of the best things to do at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park to help you plan for your next visit.
Interested in even more St. Augustine activities and attractions? Be sure to request your FREE copy of our Vacation Guide to instantly receive a full list of our area’s best beaches, restaurants, museums, and more.
Overview of the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park
The St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park is your opportunity to step into the exotic world of wildlife native to Florida and many other corners of the globe. It’s also the only place in the world where you can see every species of living crocodilian!
To ensure the survival of these incredible animals, the park works in tandem with other zoos and organizations to conserve and protect their diminishing natural environments.
Your patronage to this local attraction will support the goals of the park while granting you hours of entertainment!
3 Things to Do at the Alligator Farm
1. See the Alligators and Crocodiles
The St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park is home to five fascinating alligator/crocodile exhibits. While these beautiful animals have garnered a rather fearsome reputation, having the opportunity to see them up close may help you gain a new sense of appreciation for their true majesty.
Here is a quick look at each alligator/crocodile exhibit that you won’t want to miss.
- Albino Alligators: These rare creatures are beautiful to look at, but even more fascinating to learn about. Legend has it that those who gaze upon these captivating reptiles will receive good fortune.
- Oasis on the Nile: In addition to ancient Egyptian artifacts, visitors of this exhibit will be able to view authentic Nile crocodiles. You may even come face-to-face with the stunning Gaboon viper.
- Land of Crocodiles: This is the exhibit to stop by if you want to see every recognized crocodilian species. From the small Chinese alligator to the rare Indian gharial, you’ll meet them all!
- Maximo: Maximo is one of the crown jewels of the St. Augustine Alligator Farm. This 15-foot, 1,250-pound gator is the zoo’s largest animals and truly a sight to behold! An underwater window will allow you to see this incredible creature up close.
- Gomek Forever: Gomek was one of the largest animals to ever live at the zoo! Before his passing, he was measured at 18-feet-long and a whopping 2,000 pounds. He is now tastefully preserved and surrounded by a rare collection of Papua New Guinea art, which is his native country.
2. Explore Other Animal Exhibits
The alligators and crocodiles are just the beginning of all the amazing animals to see at the zoological park.
The Exotic Birds and Mammals Exhibit boasts a lush environment for a slew of lovely birds and monkeys, two of which come from an endangered species. The Python Cave is another popular exhibit showcases many small varieties of python and one snake that is so large it is capable of constricting large animals.
3. Fly Through the Sky on the Zipline
The St. Augustine Alligator Farm is one of the best spots in St. Augustine for a thrilling zipline adventure!
If you’re feeling brave enough, you won’t want to waste an opportunity to soar above the zoo and witness the natural beauty of St. Augustine from new heights.
The zipline course consists of two thrilling courses, one of which flies directly over the crocodile exhibit! Hold on tight and get ready for a heart-pumping adventure that you’ll never forget.
St. Augustine Alligator Farm Prices and Hours
The zoological park is open every day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the summer!
You may choose to purchase your St. Augustine Alligator Farm tickets at the gate of the park or online. Prices are as follows:
Adults (ages 12+)………………………………………$25.99
Children (ages 3-11)…………………………………..$14.99
Guests in Wheelchairs (Adults)…………………….$13.00
Guests in Wheelchairs (Children)………………….$7.50
St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoo Members……..Free Admission
If you visit the St. Augustine Alligator Farm website, you’ll find a printable $1 off coupon that you can use to save on your next visit!
Start a New Adventure During Your Stay at the Victorian House
With so many wonderful things to do in St. Augustine, you’ll definitely need more than one day to experience it all. Why not treat yourselves to a much-needed getaway and book your stay with us at the Victorian House?
Our elegant and historic inn provides guests with a classic bed and breakfast experience with all the modern amenities you need for a truly comfortable stay. Plus, our prime location right in the historic district places you just minutes from the city’s most popular attractions!
Choose your favorite accommodation from our selection of 12 lovely guest rooms and suites and you can look forward to being spoiled with our warm hospitality, thoughtful amenities, and a delicious hot breakfast served each morning of your stay.
Interested in surprising your sweetheart will something extra special during your stay? Check out our irresistible vacation specials and packages to find out how you can add even more to your St. Augustine experience.
Book your favorite room with us today! We look forward to hosting you in America’s Oldest City soon.