Every once in a while, we all need a quick escape from our busy lives. However, from careers and families to everyday responsibilities, finding the time to take a vacation is becoming more and more difficult.
That’s why taking a short trip during one of your days or weekends off can make a world of a difference! It gives you the opportunity to explore new places and relieve stress without taking too much time from your hectic schedule.
If you’re in search of fun one tank trips in Florida, then you definitely won’t want to overlook St. Augustine. Our famously historic city is filled with incredible things to see and do, many of which you can complete in one day!
Here are just a few reasons you should consider a day trip to St. Augustine along with a list of nearby cities and towns that you can commute from on one tank of gas.
While you’re here, don’t forget to request a free copy of our St. Augustine Vacation Guide to find a full list of local activities and attractions to enjoy during your day trip or getaway!
4 Reasons to Visit St. Augustine
1. St. Augustine Historic District
As the beating heart of St. Augustine itself, the Historic District is a must for your visit to the Ancient City.
Many of the buildings in this section of St. Augustine have stood since the early 1700s, and most of the streets still retain their original structure. In addition to the fascinating architecture, you’ll also find a wide variety of historic icons such as the Castillo de San Marcos and St. George Street.
2. Atlantic Coast Beaches
There’s much more to St. Augustine than just history and cobblestone streets. In fact, many people would be surprised to learn that our city is actually ideal for a beach vacation!
St. Augustine boasts over 42-miles of pristine Atlantic coast beaches, providing more than enough space to soak in the famous Florida sunshine and take a refreshing dip in the ocean.
St. Augustine Beach is our area’s most popular stretch of shoreline and the perfect spot for a relaxing day by the water. If you’re interested in a more quiet beach experience, Crescent Beach may be for you! This small slice of Atlantic coastline is mostly untouched by commercial development, so you’ll be able to enjoy a wide variety of beach activities in a much more peaceful and natural setting.
3. St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park
The St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park is the oldest continuously running attraction in Florida and also the only place in the world in which you can view all living species of crocodilian!
Many St. Augustine visitors love this local attraction for its incredible exhibits, awe-inspiring animals, and the park’s dedication to ensuring the survival of those creatures in the wild.
4. Exciting Events
All-year-round, St. Augustine hosts several fun-filled events that are the perfect additions to your itinerary. From indulgent food festivals to concerts, there is always something to celebrate in the Nation’s Oldest City!
Here is a quick look at just some of our area’s most popular events:
- St. Augustine Film Festival (January): Recognized as one of Florida’s top celebrations of cinema, the St. Augustine Film Festival is a must for moviegoers and film fans from all over the world. Many fantastic films are showcased at the festival and encompass a wide variety of genres including documentaries, foreign films, and independent films.
- Lions Seafood Festival (March): This is one of the city’s largest and most family-friendly celebrations! The festival features a wide variety of delicious seafood for you to try as well as musical entertainment, craft vendors, kiddie rides, and shows. The best part? Proceeds collected at the event go to local organizations that assist those in need.
- Nights of Lights St. Augustine (December): To commemorate the holiday season, St. Augustine hosts one of the nation’s most beloved Christmas light displays known as the Nights of Lights! Over three million Christmas lights are strung throughout the city for your viewing enjoyment during the event. Downtown shops and restaurants also join the celebration by staying open later so you can dine and shop into the night.
Cities Near St. Augustine For One Tank Trips in Florida
There are many cities near St. Augustine that make one tank trips in Florida easier than ever! Here are some of the most common to help you get started with your planning.
- Jacksonville, FL: 40.6-miles and approximately 45 minutes from St. Augustine.
- Gainesville, FL: 74.4-miles and approximately one hour and 40 minutes from St. Augustine.
- Orlando, FL: 107 miles and approximately one hour and 45 minutes from St. Augustine.
- Tallahassee, FL: 205 miles and approximately three hours and 10 minutes from St. Augustine.
Treat Yourselves to an Unforgettable Stay With Victorian House
Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or a relaxing overnight stay, our elegant and historic inn is perfect for romantic escapes in the Ancient City.
Located right in the heart of the historic district, the Victorian House provides a comfortable and unique place to call your home-away-from-home within walking distance of many popular attractions.
Visitors taking one tank trips in Florida may enjoy our Colonial Room, a warm and inviting abode that beautifully reflects the explorations of Sir Francis Drake and Ferdinand Magellan. Not only is the room beautifully decorated with a warm and sophisticated palate, but you’ll be spoiled with a slew of amenities such as an electric fireplace, a private bathroom with a walk-in shower, complimentary breakfast, and more.
Check our availability and book your next getaway with us today! We look forward to seeing you soon.